The beginning of 2018 has been a busy and exciting time for the Testing Task Force. Members of the Task Force, together with internal and external experts, are currently reviewing research proposals from independent consulting organizations; the Task Force expects to select a consultant and finalize a research plan soon.
Since their appointment in January, Task Force members have also been gathering information and reviewing current research on
- legal education, employment in the field, and trends in the profession;
- licensure and certification models in other professions;
- methodologies to best determine knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs);
- best practices in conducting job/practice analyses; and
- how other countries assess competency for admission to the practice of law.
Stay tuned for further updates and opportunities to participate as the Task Force’s study progresses.